These guidelines are effective June 15, 2022
CivicBell strives to provide you with a service that connects you with your community and local elected and public officials. In return, we ask that you respect the CivicBell Service and other users, and follow these rules about what not to do when you’re using the Service. Please remember that when you agreed to our applicable terms of service (including these guidelines), you agreed that you are responsible for any and all conduct and content under your account.
You agree that when you use the Service:
- You Won’t Use CivicBell for Anything Illegal or Promote Illegal Activities. So don’t do things like post instructions on how to assemble bombs; promote harm to any person, group of people (or animals, for that matter), or any governmental or legal entity; or stalk or harass anyone. This also means don’t violate laws or regulations applicable to you or the use of the Service. You, and not CivicBell, are responsible for complying with any laws or regulations applicable to the data in your account.
- You Won’t Violate Our Users’ Rights. Don’t invade another’s privacy, and don’t use someone’s personal data for commercial purposes or in some other manner that violates their rights or applicable laws. This also means you shouldn’t upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that you don’t have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (e.g., inside information, confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- You Won’t Annoy or Scam Our Users. Don’t upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, in particular spam. Don’t try to solicit users’ passwords or personal information. This also means no engaging in commercial activities within the Service or on behalf of CivicBell without our prior approval (e.g., displaying a banner designed to profit you or any other business or organization or displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites). And don’t use the Service as a forwarding means to another website.
- You Won’t Violate IP Rights. Don’t upload, post or transmit content that infringes the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of another party. And don’t take any action that would be in violation of CivicBell’s terms of service.
- You Won’t Mess With Our Service. Do not upload, promote or distribute software viruses or any other kind of computer code, files or programs that attempt to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. Do not interfere with our servers or networks connected to the Service, or with the services and networks of the Service Providers whose services we use to help deliver the Service. Do not try to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Service. Unless CivicBell has given you its prior approval, don’t access or attempt to access the Service by any means other than through the interface provided by CivicBell (including through the use of scripts, web crawlers or the like). And don’t use the Service in a manner that could lead to the interruption of access to the Service for others.
- You Won’t Attempt to Copy or Resell Our Service. Don’t try to reproduce CivicBell or otherwise try to exploit any part of, use of or access to the Service. Don’t advertise for sale or resell CivicBell Services without CivicBell’s prior authorization.
- You Won’t Pretend to Be Someone You’re Not. Just be yourself. In particular, don’t pretend to work at or be affiliated with CivicBell if that’s not true.
- You Won’t Exceed the Scope of Your Authorized Use. Don’t access or use features that you don’t have a right to use; don’t mess around with other users’ content if they haven’t given you permission to do so.
- You Won’t Post Objectionable Content. Don’t upload, publish or display content that contains nudity, sexually graphic material or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by CivicBell; that CivicBell deems threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, invasive, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or that CivicBell determines conflicts with your obligations under applicable local law or these guidelines.
While we hope that all users of the CivicBell Service comply with these guidelines, we must caution you that, notwithstanding these guidelines and the requirements in our terms of service, you may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable content when using the Service. We expect that you understand this and, accordingly, you use the Service at your own risk.
If you encounter any of the prohibited uses listed above, or any other objectionable content, you may contact us at email@example.com.